Another year is here; how time flies ! – 2016 is gone and 2017 is running its course, in full force. Of course, there are many moments of reflection, joys and regrets. For some, is a time to make new resolutions and put aside those past forgotten ones.
To me, my New Year’s resolution is best described in the New Year’s greetings watsapp by a friend –
Indeed, the bible has many solutions to our life situations. When we learn to put into practice as Lord Jesus has instructed us in His Words, the old man would not lament ,” Why don’t my children ever called me? “.
Sometimes, we need to do a reality check on ourselves. There are times we just get our priorities a little off-balance as humorously summarised below by a friend –
“Man O Man! Never means what he says and never says what he means…..
Life is not about what you couldn’t do so far, it’s about what you can still do.
Wait, don’t ever give up… Miracles happen every day.
$2 seems too much to give a beggar but it seems okay when its given as tip at a fancy restaurant.
After a whole day of work, spending hours at the gym seem alright, but helping your Mother out at home seems like a burden.
Praying to God for 3 min takes too much time but watching a movie for 3 hours doesn’t.
Waits a whole year for Valentine’s day but always forget Mother’s day.
Two poor starving kids sitting on the pavement weren’t given even a slice of bread but a painting of them is sold for hundred dollars.
Make a change, because you can ….
Here are five easy ways to earn, even after death.
1) Give a smile or gift to someone. Each time you gift a smile, it will make someone’s day. You gain.
2) Donate a wheelchair to a hospital. Each time a sick person uses it, you gain.
3) Participate in building an orphanage, or a hospital or a school or a college. Anybody uses it, you gain.
4) Place a water cooler in a public place. When someone drinks the water, you gain.
5) Plant a tree. Whenever a person, animal sits in its shade or eats from it, you gain. “
Let’s us take time out to touch lives for these moments will linger and stay with us for the rest of our life, remembering a smile, a hug, a phone call or a kind deed.